I. Chose the right variant. (20 баллов)
1. Financial management in a ………….. firm doesn’t differ from that of a large firm.
a) small b) tiny c) modern
2. The owner-manager of a small firm must rely on trade credit, bank financing and personal equity to ……………….. the business.
a) promote b) finance c) advertise
3. Every organization must manage its work, people, processes, technology, in order to ………….. its effectiveness.
a) emphasize b) dramatize c) maximize
4. The amount of responsibility of any individual in a company depends on the position he or she occupies in its ……………………..
a) hierarchy b) company ladder c) office
5. Managers are responsible for leading the people under them, who are called ……………..
a) workers b) subordinates c) directors
6. The company has built a grand ……………………… as a permanent symbol of its power.
a) corporate ladder b) corporate culture c) corporate logo
7. The economy is growing and ………………………… are rising.
a) corporate headquarters b) corporate image c) corporate ladder
8. In the US, the top position may be that of chairman, chairwoman or …………………
a) president b) prime-minister c) manager
9. Their ………………. is expanding rapidly. They now have over 5,000 employees.
a) glory b) staff c) power
10. We are a small group in the Research and …………………. Department.
a) Marketing b) Sales c) Development
II. Put the right word or word combination in the gaps. (20 баллов)
reducing, demands, performance, effective , workforce, competitive, persuasive , objectives, subsidiary, interview
1. In any business, it is important that managers should be ...
2. They must be able to achieve their ...
3. The problem is that there are so many pressures on managers, ... their efficiency.
4. The manager must constantly respond to the ... that others make on his time.
5. The ... manager will spend more time working with their subordinates in order to try to convince them of the benefits of the decision that have been made.
6. I am pleased to report that the financial ... of our company has been excellent.
7. The market place for our products continues to be highly ...
8. Unfortunately, we had to close down our Antwerp ...
9. It resulted in 2% cut in our ...
10. This week I ... candidates for the top jobs in Slovakia.
III. Answer the following questions. (10 баллов)
1. In your culture, how usual it is to see young people in managing positions?
2. What do people generally think of young managers?
3. What challenges do young managers face, compared to older ones?
4. What is the difference between business and big business?
5. What types of corporations do you know?
IV. Fill in the gaps with the verb in the right form. (30 баллов)
1. You can ... my car. I ... it at the moment.
2. He can't ... the door. He ... a shower.
3. Hurry up! The bus ... I ... to be late for school.
4. Oh, no! His keys ... again!
5. The shop ... by the shop assistant at 9.00am and it ... at 10.00pm every day.
6. It ... all day yesterday.
7. She ... anything yesterday because she ... time.
8. My friend ... and ... in Portugal since 1998.
9. This room ... every day but today it ... cleaned.
10. The Renault cars ... in France by these workers.
11. Listen! Somebody ... the violin.
12. He ... the joke last night because he ... it before.
13. What ... ? Why is there a crowd?
14. We cannot go for a walk. I am afraid it will not be pleasant. The wind ... hard.
15. He ... by this doctor in a week. He ... to this doctor with great attention now.
V. Read the text and say whether the following statements are true or false. (20 баллов)
Apple is probably the most well-known company when it comes to the making of technology that is cutting edge and something that everyone wants to have in their possession. Apple Computer first came to be a company in 1976 when Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak when they released the Apple I and was located in Cupertino, California. These two young men dropped out of college, and were often viewed as outcasts in most of the places that they were at, including schools, which could have been the reason that they dropped out of college. As most people have heard, Apple really started in the basement or garage, depending on who the person talks to rather than at some expensive business location. Which is perhaps the reason so many people were first intrigued by the brand and could be the reason that the computers were such a success, they were created by guys that knew what they wanted and passed this on to the rest of the world. And what they wanted was something that other people wanted as well.
Until the nineties, the company produced some of the best personal computers that could be found on the market, including the Apple brand, Macintosh and Power Mac computers. However, they saw a downfall in their sales after nineties as the competition began to increase and the company was then trying to figure out what to do differently to keep their company running. The year 2001 was a banner year for the company since this was the year that they introduced the Apple iPod, which is one of those devices that have many other companies copying, though none can be as good as the original.
The company continued to stay on top of their game and improve upon their technology, they produced such things as the iMac, which really did help to propel the company in the eyes of many consumers. Now, Apple is a brand that most people automatically know all over the world. They are known for their innovative technology that is usually the first of its kind on the market and something that all people love to own and make their lives a bit easier with the advancements that they gave people. For those that are interested in the history of Apple, then they should visit nostoptechnology.com.
1. Both Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak graduated from the college. TRUE / FALSE
2. No one wants to have Apple products in their possession. TRUE / FALSE
3. Apple started in an expensive business location. TRUE / FALSE
4. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak created the computers that were a success. TRUE / FALSE
5. The company produced the best personal computers on the market until the nineties. TRUE / FALSE
6. 1976 is the year when Apple I was invented. TRUE/ FALSE
7. Apple iPOD is the device which other companies don’t wish to copy. TRUE / FALSE
8. Innovation has never been the strength of the company. TRUE / FALSE
9. Apple has not produced anything to win consumers’ attention since 2001. TRUE / FALSE
10. Apple is known all over the world. TRUE / FALSE
Вы можете убедиться в качестве данной работы: