1.Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык.
1. Who can do it is not known. 2. The project will be completed whether the contract continues or not. 3. I do not know when he will come. 4. Where the missing document could be was a mystery to everyone. 5. English is the subject I like best. 6. I`ll follow you wherever you go. 7. What they want now is to speak with our director. 8. That was why he could not sign the contract. 9. We inform you that we decided to accept your proposal. 10. The printer that we are planning to buy must be able to work constantly. 11. I shall do this work unless I am busy. 12. The book you need is on the shelf. 13. He did as he was requested. 14. We sign contracts if they give us a good discount.
2.Дополните следующие условные предложения.
Например: If I had to fire someone, I would give him a last chance to improve.
1. If I had the chance to work abroad.
2. If employees see that their manager cares about environment.
3. If she were invited to that conference.
4. He would be promoted faster if.
5. If a factory produces more, a manager`s pay.
6. I wish he.
7. If I had a serious disagreement with my boss, I.
3.Вставьте подходящие по смыслу местоимения и союзы: who, that, which, when, where, whose, whom.
1. Is there anybody here can introduce me to the President of the company? 2. Kate Smith. I seem to remember that name. Isn`t she the woman we owe to check to? 3. We are prepared to reduce the price of the toothpaste is approaching its sell-by date. 4. Here is the man we have spoken about. 5. I am looking for the person coat`s lying on my desk. 6. We are searching for a place we can have a new office.
4.Переведите из прямой речи в косвенную следующие предложения.
1.The manager asked, “ Will the container be ready for dispatch by 3d April?” 2. She said, “Ring me later.” 3. The Chief said: “ If the plan is not put to life, we change our policy to get the result.”4. A TV correspondent asked,” Who will be your counterpart?” 5. The Commercial Director said,” Our bank has made a loan to this small factory.” 6.The Seller said to the Buyer,” You must write a statement of claim and mail it to me together with the supporting documents.” 7. Boss asked the agent,” Present the advantages and disadvantages of media planning.”
Вы можете убедиться в качестве данной работы: